Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Fork in the Road


As I travel down the path of life, I see a fork in the road before me. I do not know which direction to take. Right or left? At this moment they both look the same, yet I know they are not. So for now, I have just planted my butt on the ground, waiting for something to move me. I am looking for a sign, any kind of omen to help me decide which way to go. A burning bush would be great just about now.
I have been here before. Actually many times. In the past I have always just picked a path and followed it- I was much more adventurous. Now I am wary and weary. To be completely honest, I am afraid. I am scared of taking the wrong path. Frightened to move, and at the same time- frightened to sit still.
But, here is the kicker- I know there is no such thing as the wrong path. Each path we take endows us with experience. Every adventure adds a new dimension to our character. We learn to be brave and strong or perhaps we learn how to be gentle and kind. Without these experiences- we would not grow.
Growth can be painful and messy, it can be fun and exciting yet in most cases it is just wearisome. And that is the place that I find myself. I just exited out of a rather dark forest where there were many obstacles, thorns, potholes and scary monsters. The stillness of where I am now is comforting in many ways- but, I am anxious to get moving again.
So, this is my adventure- A new quest has begun. I have my backpack full of experience and my intuiton to help guide me along the way. I have to trust that my magic will get me out of any trouble or scary trolls that might be on the path ahead.
My wish is that my adventure can help you to navigate your way through life's winding road. I am ready to get up and go. As I stand I must choose a direction- and I choose to to take the path to the left. It looks the same as the path to the right, but my intution tells me turn left- and that is what I will do. I hope you will continue to walk with me on this adventure-
Ok, here I go.........

1 comment:

lunedreams said...

I agree absolutely that there is no "wrong" path! Because once you choose the path it becomes part of your life's trajectory, and so it becomes YOUR path. We sometimes choose paths that don't get us very far, or that take us in a direction that hurts or hinders us, but how can you know which way to go until you pick the path? It becomes clear once you're on it. The beauty of every path is that you can get off it whenever you want. There are forks at every turning.